Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Support the server!
Latest topics
» Papa bless the memories
Build Projects EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am by Thecrafterhall

» IMPORTANT PLEASE UNDERSTAND
Build Projects EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 6:35 am by aniceprofile

» Server Shutting Down
Build Projects EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 5:19 am by reelphresh

» hi can i have trusted
Build Projects EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 pm by _Maney_

» "Sleep well, my friend."
Build Projects EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 pm by zachattack4

» Well didnt see that coming!
Build Projects EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 pm by zachattack4

» Can I get a refund?
Build Projects EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:07 am by sk8mafia2

» Now we know what the staff has been doing
Build Projects EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:09 pm by _Maney_

» Goodbye, Old Friends
Build Projects EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:03 pm by _Maney_

You are not connected. Please login or register

Build Projects

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Build Projects Empty Build Projects Fri May 20, 2011 9:35 am

Azurillkirby

Azurillkirby

I've heard talks of resetting the server because of too much cuboiding, random houses, etc. This is one way that make this more organized.

Someone (preferably Jordan or Nick) would assign a theme, so everyone on the server would build about this theme. Watch these videos for an example (Western Town)- http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/03/western-town-minecraft-build-challenge/

This would make less cuboid, since only little would be needed, maybe a little for things like maybe making a land area out of some type of block, but that should be it.

Most materials should have to have been gotten fairly, but if people needed materials that are hard to get (like dyes for wool, since sometimes items like flowers are impossible to find) could be traded for by mods (but not all items, just hard ones). Similarly, maybe if a project needed mass amounts of hard materials to get, you could trade a simple block for a better block.

Also, maybe there could be a section on the forum for projects, and if anyone has a massive individual project related to the big project (maybe like recreating something [Example- Video 6 of the previously posted link]), they could get approved so that they could not need to gather AS MUCH materials, maybe work out a deal to get just some of it.

In times that there are trades of blocks (like simple for better block) maybe you could use a Support member to run a shop for people (give him maybe access to PARTIAL /give, but not entirety)

This would make Cuboid more organized, and less needed, and make a fun thing for the members of the server to build, and show of their creativity!

(I would be happy to organize a build project, if you are busy moderating or anything)

2Build Projects Empty Re: Build Projects Fri May 20, 2011 10:04 am

namalinowski

namalinowski

The map shouldn't get reset but we e filling the cuboided areas with building so it will still look better. Vincent's city is really the only big cuboided area, so it isn't that bad

Nick

3Build Projects Empty Re: Build Projects Fri May 20, 2011 10:38 am

Azurillkirby

Azurillkirby

Well, still, how do you like the idea?

Even if it isn't reset, this would be a good idea, I think

4Build Projects Empty Re: Build Projects Fri May 20, 2011 11:58 am

namalinowski

namalinowski

Originally we were trying to go for the city look but when boobs come on and build crap shacks it messes it all up.

Nick

5Build Projects Empty Re: Build Projects Fri May 20, 2011 10:22 pm

xJordannx

xJordannx
Owner/Dev
Owner/Dev

namalinowski wrote:The map shouldn't get reset but we e filling the cuboided areas with building so it will still look better. Vincent's city is really the only big cuboided area, so it isn't that bad

Nick

Theres alot around and outside the spawn aswell which there is no need for, I have a task for everyone. Go find a tree :L

6Build Projects Empty Maybe.. Sat May 21, 2011 12:10 am

Thats the problem, When new players come on, and go around looking for trees, and at the end they don't find any, they just start leaving :/

7Build Projects Empty Re: Build Projects Sat May 21, 2011 2:53 am

namalinowski

namalinowski

Ok guys I have a job. For all the people that ha saplings please plant them. Please don't put them in front of peoples houses or just really close together.

Thanks,
Nick

8Build Projects Empty Re: Build Projects Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 am

Azurillkirby

Azurillkirby

I'm glad this has to do with my topic...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum