Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Support the server!
Latest topics
» Papa bless the memories
The facts... EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 am by Thecrafterhall

» IMPORTANT PLEASE UNDERSTAND
The facts... EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 6:35 am by aniceprofile

» Server Shutting Down
The facts... EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 5:19 am by reelphresh

» hi can i have trusted
The facts... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 pm by _Maney_

» "Sleep well, my friend."
The facts... EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:39 pm by zachattack4

» Well didnt see that coming!
The facts... EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 pm by zachattack4

» Can I get a refund?
The facts... EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 11:07 am by sk8mafia2

» Now we know what the staff has been doing
The facts... EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:09 pm by _Maney_

» Goodbye, Old Friends
The facts... EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 2:03 pm by _Maney_

You are not connected. Please login or register

The facts...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The facts... Empty The facts... Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:53 am

Dem0nGam3r

Dem0nGam3r

In response to schaffer's pleading for the reinstatement of instant tp:

The very reason why we decided to make teleportation non-instant is because people were using it to escape PvP, mob, and lava deaths. As you said yourself, schaffer, you liked the insta-tp in instances where you were "about to die either from a person who was being messed up or some mob".

Instant teleportation is just way too overpowered, and people are using it to an unfair end.

What good is PvP if you can escape instantly? It circumvents our PvP settings and rules, and makes PvP quite useless to people who actually want to take advantage of it. How about lava? Stupidly fell into a sizzling pool of roasty toasty magma? No prob bro, just tp and you can cheat death! How about those pesky situations where the already not-so-dangerous hostile mobs want to nom on your brains? Never fear, instant tp is here! It's the ultimate unfair panic button that allows you to cheat the game and server.

I realize the change may have been too sudden, and we probably should have at least announced it in advance of the change, but it's something that shouldn't have been granted in the first place.

Another very overpowered ability is being able for anyone to set up to three homes, even guests. We may in the future limit the sethome feature, either for all ranks or possibly only limit it for lower ranks.

I know our players have gotten used to and appreciated these overpowered commands, but they simply should have never been implemented in the way they have been all this time.

Please try to understand; we're trying to balance the server and cut back on unnecessary powers that make the game too easy/unfair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to clear some things up:

On another note, we may, and most likely will, be changing the way the entire server works. This will include changing existing commands and mechanics, as well as the economy among many other things.

Also, if any donator perks are added, players that have donated previously will receive the new perks, and if any old perks are taken away, we will make sure to compensate donators by replacing the old perk with one that gives equally powerful advantages in the context of the new mechanics of the server.

We aren't ready to release any ideas yet at this point, and it may not work out like we plan in the long run, so there's no reason for anyone to worry about it too much at this point. We WILL announce any huge changes and make sure our players are prepared for them. But as I said, nothing is certain as of yet, and me and Jordan have tons of planning and work to do, and until further notice the server WILL continue operating as it does now and when/if we decide to make any big changes, we will inform you all here on the forums.

I should also mention (again, nothing is certain yet) we will most likely be giving some of our best and/or highest ranking players high positions on the server once we make changes to the server mechanics and gameplay. We plan to create positions that resemble moderators, admins and the like but with powers that give them power in the context of the new mechanics and that make sense in the game structure, instead of giving them raw power to edit and command the server itself.

Our goal if we change the way the server works is to eliminate the problems of griefing and staff abuse/incompetence, and reducing the need to ban players by having punishment/penal systems set up that work within the context of the game's new mechanics.

I believe the current administration system is faulty; It puts me and Jordan in situations where we must act on suspicion and paranoia, rather than the preset rules, because there really is no way to tell sometimes whether a player should be banned or not. Even worse is when players that have been banned return with proxies and then every new player becomes suspicious to us. Existing players are sometimes caught using illegal modifications and this makes our seemingly trustworthy players integrities come into question as well.

So what I'm trying to say is basically we want to make every function of the server workable in the context of the mechanics of the game (you abuse PvP in a town and npc guards chase after and try to imprison/kill you for instance), and not just make snap decisions about banning players or adding plugins or the like.

Well that's the facts for y'all. I would go into more detail about new rank ideas and server mechanics but we're not sure what ideas will work out and which we'll have to scrap, and I don't want to say anything until we're sure what will be implemented. As I said, we'll try to keep you informed when we start planning and once we confirm that our ideas can be plausibly implemented into the server as running with Bukkit/Spout.

I've tried to be as honest and straightforward as possible here, and hope you'll all appreciate us leveling with you guys. Thanks if you took the time to read this long-winded post! Ciao. Cool

2The facts... Empty Re: The facts... Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 am

Emibuscus

Ok

3The facts... Empty Re: The facts... Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:44 am

schaffer2397

schaffer2397

Ok, thank you Demon and Jordan for the new info. I am sorry if i seemed like i was complaining. All i wanted was some info. Thanks again, and i look forward to the new changes you guys make.
-schaffer2397

4The facts... Empty Re: The facts... Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:18 am

ONE_BAD_RENAGADE

ONE_BAD_RENAGADE
Donator
Donator

Sounds nice!

5The facts... Empty Re: The facts... Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:30 pm

aniceprofile

aniceprofile
Head-Admin
Head-Admin